How To Make Your Descriptive Essay On Niagara Falls Stand Out
The Niagara Falls are an assimilation of three waterfalls and form an enigmatic border between Canada and USA. The intimidating cascade has been the object of many explorations, aerial surveys and rave of awestruck visitors.
A hard fall
A man falling from it may traverse 50 meters at its deepest; quite a hard fall. Needless to say, it has also been the subject of many descriptive essays. The sight is itself so appealing that writers turn poetic; then penning out essays is but commonplace.
Beyond the veil
However, in the quest to make your descriptive essay stand out, you should look beyond the water if you will. There is more to it than meets the eye; considering it is a border between two countries and an integral part of Great lakes. That it is also a viable source of hydroelectricity makes it practically important as well.
Regarding stand-out descriptive essays; you can turn the axle to rather unique features of the falls.
- One such is the amazing story of Red Hill, who saved 28 people from the dangerous falls and extricated about 150 bodies; that too, before 1942; almost an uncivilized decade. The character surely deserves mention in a descriptive manner.
- You can also write an essay about the boy who accidentally fell through the Horseshoe Falls (one of the three falls that constitute the Niagara Falls) and survived. He is incidentally the sole human survivor till date who survived without any protection.
- You may also write about the extraordinary flow of water, current and generated vortex at its deepest. It is not a surprise that no one has ever swum the rapids successfully.
- The Niagara River, which is the origin of the Falls, makes half the contribution it made say, 100 years ago. This is because half of the river is currently being used for hydroelectric purposes. This fact entails generic description.
- You may also write a descriptive essay from the perspective of a tourist who has never seen any waterfall. The refreshed, uncolored and rejuvenated description would be more than a mouthful.
- You may also anchor on the fact that Canada, albeit has very little share of the falls, makes a subjective claims at the Horseshoe Falls; which is the biggest of the three falls that Niagara comprises of.
Whatever you write, you should make sure you do full justice to the novelty, brilliance and larger than life embodiment of Niagara Falls.