Upgrade your writing skills.
Learn the difference between essay types
benefit from using expert's advice
“ Take time to master the academic essay writing technique ”
Persuasive essay topics for kids: a list of helpful suggestions
How to write a persuasive essay?
- The persuasive essay must include an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
- The essay should be at least three paragraphs long.
- Each paragraph of the essay should be between five sentences to seven sentences long.
- The Introduction of the essay should include the topic, thesis statement, and writer’s position on the topic.
- The persuasive essay must include evidence and facts that will strongly support the writer’s viewpoint on the topic.
- The essay must assist the writer with convincing the reader to agree with their position on the topic.
- The purpose of the persuasive essay is to get the reader to believe in the writer’s viewpoint on the topic.
- It is advisable for the writer to include the opposite viewpoint from their position on the topic.
What are some good topic ideas for kids writing a persuasive essay?
- Should the school day start a little later than 7:30 a.m.?
- Why students should not be given too much homework every night?
- Why a student who bullies another student should be expelled?
- How much sleep should a student have each night on school days 10 hours or 8 hours?
- Why video games do not necessarily create violent children?
- Why spanking a child may not be the best form of punishment?
- What rights do children have in deciding which parent they should live with?
- Why the drinking age should be lowered from 21 years old to 18 years old?
- Why do students have to wear school uniforms?
How to choose a good topic for a persuasive essay?
- The student should pick a topic that is near and dear to them.
- The child should pick a topic that will be easy for them to defend and argue about.
- The topic that is chosen by the student should be easy to write about.
- The child must ensure that they choose a topic that will be interesting to the targeted reader.
- The student must remember that the key to writing an excellent persuasive essay is that it must be compelling, interesting, and convincing to the reader.
- The topic chosen must be one where the reader will not have a problem agreeing with the writer’s position on the topic.
- The topic must be one where the student will not have difficulty defending.
- The topic must be one where the student will not have any trouble with debating and supporting their position.
Essay Writing Tips